No Age, Depreciation Guild, Radio Dept., Salem, Mondo Jet Set & more
New tracks from No Age, The Depreciation Guild and The Radio Dept.! Check it out on this week’s mix…
1. No Age – Hard Trash
Mellow floating in space track starts us off. From a recent Daytrotter session, this band continues to impress with their range and creativity.
2. Daylight’s For The Birds – Please
Straight up dream pop from 2006’s very nice Trouble Everywhere record.
3. My Majestic Star – Silver Tongues
Downtempo dream pop with a shot of 1970s jazz fusion. Check out last year’s I Haven’t Got it In Me.
4. Salem – Brustreet
Beautiful shoegaze with melody lifted from The Boss’ Streets Of Philadelphia. This is not the Israeli death metal band nor the Swedish band…would like to tell you more but their MySpace page is toast.
5. The Radio Dept. – Heaven’s On Fire
Another instant rainy day classic from Radio Dept. This one’s off Clinging To A Scheme, due out next month.
6. The Depreciation Guild – Dream About Me
U.S. band drop new single. Lovely stuff!
7. The Sunshine Factory – Roving Eye
8. Mondo Jet Set – Nightnurse
Cool track from a few years’ back off Henry After A Nightlife. Vocals remind me a bit of The Pernice Brothers but they’ve got an indie, slightly trippy rock sound.
Loving this track from last fall. I didn’t think either of these bands did this kind of swirling, noisy shoegaze. File under the “never want this track to end” category.
10. The Man I Fell In Love With – Never Ever Even
Not sure how to describe this one. Bit of math-rock overtop some noisy indie rock?
11. Mustafa Et Monique – Monaural Tone Revolver
Highly disorted, dense rock and roll from 2005’s Houdini Aubergine EP.
12. Technoir MA – Sparks
Love this guitar-led minor epic by the Massachusetts band of the Sonic Youth school.
13. True Womanhood – Shadow People
Off last month’s Basement Membranes EP, this dark, cool rock and roll track will have your reaching for your shades.
14. Six By Seven – Candlelight
1998 Britpoppy goodness out of Nottingham.
15. White Come Come – Broken Bird
16. The Tamborines – Sally O’Gannon
Bright, noisy melody off the EP of the same name. If you like early Dandy Warhols, you’ll dig this.
17. Shark? – Titanz