Girls Names, White Denim, Disappears, Adorable, Stellarscope & more
Photo by Phil Askew, www.luminouslives.com
1. White Denim – Drug
Rock and roll! Beta Band crossed with The Who? Check out the Townshend guitar solo.
2. The Dukes Of Stratosphear – You’re My Drug
The last song inspired this one from XTC‘s groovy summer of love side project.
3. Girls Names – Seance On A Saturday Afternoon
Belfast blast of reverb-drenched garage with a Teenage Shutdown feel.
4. Lumerians – Burning Mirrors
Descending into the murky depths…
5. Disappears – Radiation
Jam session recorded in what seems to be an abandoned nuclear facility.
6. PS I Love You & Diamond Rings – Leftovers
New ringing shoegaze/rock anthem from a very fruitful collaboration. More please!
7. Invisible Days – Daysleeping
Beautiful tune with noisy, exploding choruses.
8. Odio Paris – Cuando Nadie Pone Un Disco
Break out the air guitars and drums. Another toe tapper from Spanish band.
9. Adorable – I’ll Be Your Saint
Classic UK shoegaze.
10. Dead Electric – Light Years Ahead, Behind
Lovely winter shimmering shoegaze tune.
11. Moonbeams – Kathleen
From MS: “A bedroom project consisting of hypnotic, echoing guitar tracks that swirl and blend together over hushed vocals and basic chord progressions. An homage to out of print records, the anti-rock band attitude, and the do it yourself mentality.”
12. Stellarscope – This Is Something New
Like the intimate, somewhat claustrophobic feel on this Philly band’s tune.
13. Big Spider’s Back – Perfect Machine
Full blown and full colour keyboard driven soundtrack.
14. Millionyoung – Perfect Eyes
Lovely, hopeful combination of guitar and synthesizer. And yes, I just played two songs in a row that had the word “perfect” in their title.
15. The Leaf Library – Light & Colour
Dreamy, slightly baroque indie pop.
16. John Maus – Do Your Best
Multi-tracked soulful crooning over chillwave beats. Very nice.
17. Candi And The Strangers – Glide
Texan dream pop tune that’s available for free download from their site.