Posts Tagged ‘House Of Love’
House Of Love, Lush, Bear In Heaven, The Horrors, M83 & more
A bit late with this one. Dusting off a few classics and dropping some new-ish stuff.
1. House of Love – Destroy The Heart
Banging, glorious 1988 single.
2. A.R. Kane – Insect Love
Noisy 1989 pop number from the band behind Pump Up The volume.
3. Lush – Superblast (Remix)
Washed out rock and roll by seminal shoegaze band. Remixed courtesy of Robin Guthrie of Cocteau Twins.
4. The Jennifers – Danny’s Song
Baggy pop from band that went on to become Supergrass.
5. Madder Rose – Drop A Bomb
American band provide noisy power pop, featured on the My So-Called Life soundtrack.
6. Rraaiillss – The Peeling
Distorted and dreamy rock and roll out of LA. Check out their bandcamp.
7. Nervous Systems – Sometimes I Am A Verb
Great band with a great album in Needs Medicines. This song popped for me. Could it be the GBV sound?
8. M83 – Don’t Save Us From The Flames
Fabulous dreamy electronic rock melodrama from Before The Dawn Heals Us.
9. The Horrors – Who Can Say
Re-discovering this fuzzy gem off Primary Colours.
10. Mugstar – Today Is The Wrong Shape
11. Blind Shake – St. Paul Creamery
Garage rock and roll from the Twin Cities. Never has a song about the dairy industry sounded so menacing.
12. Soft Moon – Breathe the Fire
Tense post punk drenched in reverb.
13. Snowden – No Words No More (EP version)
4 a.m. bombed out blues. Check it out on their new EP, available free from their website.
14. Lab Partners – We’ve Been Burned
Ohio band that brings to mind the epicness of The Verve. Refreshing.
15. Panda Riot – 16 Seconds
Very excited to play some new stuff from this band. Lovely harmony-heavy pop shoegaze. Far & Near comes out May 11.
16. Bear In Heaven – Dust Cloud
This band is a grower. Their Beast Rest Forth Mouth has been with me for some time. The music (and the compelling cover art) has slowly bewitched me. Recommend repeated listens to Dust Cloud. Uncategorizable.
17. Bad Veins – Go Home
Dreamy electronic torch song with horns! Love the mood on this track.