Posts Tagged ‘Ladyhawke’
Crocodiles, Handsome Furs, Here We Go Magic, Garbage, pacificUV & more
Things are heating up.
1. Here We Go Magic – How Do I Know
Starting with a fix of glorious twee indie pop.
2. Crocodiles – Endless Flowers
Lots of well-deserved buzz about this shoegaze garage band. Looking forward to release of Endless Flowers next month.
3. Zero Toy – Michael
Gotta love the reverb on the guitar here. Gimme L.A. indie rock!
4. Stagnant Pools – Nothing To Do
Submerged shoegaze off Real Lies.
7. 2PPM – Movies Without Sound
Sounds like a jam session at 3 a.m. in an abandoned warehouse. Their moniker stands for “two people playing music.”
8. Monoland – Alba
Classic shoegaze sound from Manouva.
10. The New Year – The Block That Doesn’t Exist
Neurotic lo-fi of the billiantly-named Newness Ends album.
11. Meat Puppets – Severed Goddess Hand
I’ve been wanting to play this Too High To Die song here for years. Enjoy the sunburnt psych funk.
12. Damien Jurado – Reel To Reel
Second track we’ve played from the sublime and soulful Maraqopa.
13. Airiel – Funerals
More stratospheric shoegaze from latest EP Kid Games.
16. Ladyhawke – Black, White and Blue (All Saints basement session)
Nice groovy pop track with bouncy chorus.
17. School Of Seven Bells – When You Sing
Lose yourself in this monster Ghost Story track.
18. Handsome Furs – Dead + Rural
Chrome Waves tells me this Wolf Parade spinoff has called it a day. Here’s a fitting farwell. On a related note, it appears that Dan Boeckner has a new band with Britt Daniel of Spoon and Sam Brown of New Bomb Turks.