Posts Tagged ‘Shelby’
Crash City Saints, Miracle Fortress, Secret Colours, The Brother Kite, Deep Cut & more
1. Deep Cut – Makes Me Wanna
London crew kicks things off with some fist pumping rock and roll.
2. Crash City Saints – Fuck And Destroy
Chiming shoegaze that’s much sweeter than the title suggests.
3. Regina – Jos Et Sä Soita
They’re Finnish, but the sound is straight up groovy J-pop meets shoegaze.
4. Shelby – The Wait
Hooks aplenty on this indie rock tune. Just discovered them recently.
5. The Brother Kite – Death Ray
Shoegaze overload interspersed with great melodic vocals.
6. Christiana – Pretend
Tune from defunct Canadian band that somehow reminds me of a free ride down a seaside highway.
7. Skull Defekts – Fragrant Nimbus
8. Helium – Lady Of The Fire
Boston-based Matador 90s heroes drop some psych sitar from The Magic City.
9. Run Run Run – Drizzle
Great dark power pop out of LA.
10. Secret Colours – Follow The Drone
This is drone rock for BRMC fans. Bonus points for being from Chicago yet using English/Canadian spelling.
11. Shy – Shift
12. Jennifer Castle – Misguided
Beautiful, ethereal float-down-a-river experience from Castlemusic.
13. Efrim Menuck – Our Lady of Parc Extension and Her Munificent Sorrows
Godspeed mainman delivers a singalong from the planet Venus.
14. The Besnard Lakes – On Bedford and Grand
Last podcast I referenced them, so here’s the real deal from their first album. Fantastic.
15. Miracle Fortress – Seabird
Poppy chillwave meets Animal Collective with soul: “Somebody deliver the truth to me…”
16. Mode Moderne – Real Goths
Rainy day, 80s influenced chillwave out of Toronto. Lovely mood here and good lyrics: “I’ve got the body of a man who reads poetry…”
17. Seavault – Cornfields
Moody electronic drone pop tune out of the UK.
18. Loney Dear – Take My Hand
Near instrumental that would be perfect for the closing scene and credits of virtually any film. Surprised to learn these guys are Swedish and not Canadian.