Posts Tagged ‘The Laurels’
The Dandy Warhols, Arc In Round, Yuck, The Auteurs, Flavor Crystals & more
1. Terror At Tampa Bay – Indigo Cabana
Getting started with a bit of a buried treasure from 1988.
2. Arches – Enough
Meshes nicely with some Philly psych pop, recorded some 25 years later.
4. The Auteurs – Light Aircraft On Fire
The Britpoppers’ track popped up on my iPod recently, and I fit in its glammy fuzz here.
5. Is/Is – Lie Awake
Love how this simple grungy shoegaze track just washes over you.
7. The Dandy Warhols – Slide
Not necessarily a full return to form, but nice to see deep tracks like this on their latest, This Machine.
9. Still Caves – Rainy Beach
Portland representing twice this week, but this one trumps The Dandys in the drone psych department. Love the screaming chorus.
10. The Jesus and Mary Chain – Catchfire
Just announced: They’re coming. To Toronto. August 3, 2012.
11. Black Market Karma – The Way It Was
This London psych band has tons of great tunes like this on their latest, Comatose.
12. Boy – Up In This Town
An oldie…haven’t heard much from this Yukon boy since 2004′s pretty slamming Every Page You Turn album.
13. The Laurels – Tidal Wave
Dig yourself some punchy Australian shoegaze.
15. Flavor Crystals – Mirror Chop
Hm, whatever can this song be about? Read Nile Rodgers excellent biography if you’re still in the dark. In other news, the murky voodoo here is getting me really psyched for Three.
16. I Can Chase Dragons! – From The Valley To The High Ground
Weird but wonderful chillwave from the interesting Expansión.
17. The Consoliation Project – We Are Staring In The Sun
The prolific Ron Cavagnaro knows how to arrange a dream pop stunner.