Posts Tagged ‘The Naked And The Famous’
Pacific UV, A.C. Acoustics, A Place To Bury Strangers, Mmoths, Maria False & more
Back in action and catching up!
1. A Place To Bury Strangers – I Lost You
The consistently noisy, blistering Brooklyn crew don’t disappoint on this new track.
2. Grandparents – Flathead
Indie fusion gives way to a dark hippie dance party. Like!
4. Eric’s Trip – Sunlight
Classic dark indie pop from the New Brunswick.
5. Unicycle Loves You – Wow Wave Cinema
Lots going on here, but above all it’s slaphappy noise pop.
6. Galway – Air #3
Bit of a gloomy day in, filled with small regrets. But after two and a half minutes, things start looking up.
7. The D’Arcys – Peg
I never thought my love of the Dan would manifest itself on this blog/podcast. Not sure Soundtrack2 listeners would like this song off their Aja covers album, but it’s a surprising take that should stand on its own.
8. Piatcions – Red Van
A strong wind blusters through this track from the UK band.
9. Maria False – Venera 4 – Take My Fever
Marvellous ringing psych.
10. A.C. Acoustics – Love Lies Broken Piece
I love this tragically overlooked Scottish band. Huge thumping bass choruses on this track.
11. MM – These Walls
Slow brooding track with ominous, distorted vocals. And it was recorded LIVE.
12. Glissade – Untitled
Engrossing feedback instrumental. Perfect soundtrack to the view from a plane as it soars above the clouds.
13. Seabright – Swells
Groovy San Jose trippiness from last year.
14. Pacific UV – I’m Here (But It’s Not Me)
Claustrophobic ode to a future lover?
17. Steve Hauschildt – Batteries May Drain
This one’s been on my include list for a while. Kind of futuristic electronic pop.
18. Zammuto – F U C-3PO
The track of the week. It starts like Meddle, then comes the vocoder, synth and sound effects.
Disappears, Lower Dens, Stagnant Pools, Blonde Redhead, Deep Cut & more
An online breach at our host meant this week’s mix is about a week behind. The tracks are still blistering, but the newer ones are – well, less new than usual.
What music are you digging these days?
1. The History Of Colour TV – I Knew It Was Wrong But I Did It Anyway
Dramatic opening chord gives way to shoegaze pop goodness.
3. White Rabbits – Heavy Metal
Chillwave funk with fabulous stabs of guitar.
4. Florence + The Machine – No Light No Light (Spector Ryan Gosling Remix)
I haven’t loved F+TM, but this production brings texture and a bit of drama, kind of like Austra. Not too familiar with the remixer, but sounds like that should change.
5. The Naked And The Famous – No Way
There’s freezing rain outside, but there are signs it’s letting up.
6. Now, Now – School Friends
Great new track from this wistful band. You can’t help but hang on the singer’s every word. Look for it in March on new album Threads.
7. Sea Oleena – Swimming Story
Like an illicit nighttime dip in a candle-lit pool. Captivating. And from Canada!
9. Conduits – Top Of The Hill
Omaha represent! Can’t wait to hear more from this band.
10. Disappears – Replicate
Boom! They’re back. Praise them…that is all.
11. Fields Of Industry – The Sum
Track from a few years back that needed to be heard.
12. Lower Dens – Brains
Second return to form this episode! Love this dense, tense track as it speeds towards an uncertain ending. “Don’t be a friend…”
13. Stephen Paul Smoker – Green City
Fabulously weird psych blues.
14. R.M. Hendrix – Last Year’s Hopes Are Playing Through The Wall
Engrossing swirling psychedelia.
15. Stagnant Pools – Consistency
Track of the week. If you need a shot of slacker shoegaze rock and roll, look no further.
16. Asalto al Parque Zoológico – Warn You
Still carrying the flame for the classic shoegaze sound!
17. HEHFU – Come Home
Short burst from the Come Home EP.
18. Blonde Redhead – Big Song
Sometimes, choruses need only consist of one vowel.