Posts Tagged ‘Weekends’
Weekends, Lush, Ringo Deathstarr, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Kurt Vile & more
Our longest mix to date…I just couldn’t stop piling on the good tunes.
1. Ringo Deathstarr – You Don’t Listen
Classic rock and roll from spanking new album Color Trip.
2. The Vanity Press – Don’t Fall In Love
We just can’t get enough of this Texas band – this is the second track we’ve featured this winter! Bass player is working hard on this one.
3. Sharesprings – I Love To See You (Daydreaming Me)
Jakarta’s finest drop some ringing C86 power pop.
4. My Dad Vs. Yours – En Plein Soleil
Hopeful (post-?) rock anthem. Had this one kicking around for a while but it didn’t fit until now.
5. The Sorry Kisses – Loved But Left Behind
Tense, Autolux-style rock and roll.
6. Weekends – Raingirls
Best thing to come out of Baltimore since Sir Lord Baltimore. Was that band even from Baltimore? Anyway, this one’s blistering rock and roll with razorsharp guitar blasts.
7. Magnetic Island – Shake The Fog
Dark power pop. Bit of Sonic Youth vibe here, particularly in the middle spoken word part.
8. Navel – Can’t Feel A Thing
Swiss band brings in the sinister buzzsaw guitars for this one.
9. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club – White Palms
Monstrous bass riff just rolls over everything in its path.
10. Laurence & The Slab Boys – Ballroom Killer
11. Black Moth Super Rainbow – Side 9
Soundtrack to a late 60s space movie.
12. Little Scream – Cannons
Montreal singer arrives fully formed with wonderful, electric blue glam bombast. Free download at RCRDLBL
13. Austra – Beat And The Pulse
Tense and dark electropop outta Toronto. Love the eerie harmonies.
14. The Helio Sequence – The Echo Blomp
Young Effectuals track brings a dash of blissed out space pop.
15. Lush – Sweetness And Light
Timeless, classic shoegaze from the opening to track to Gala.
16. Grimes – Devon
Don’t be fooled by the bossa nova opening beat. This cool chillwave track channels both Lush and Kate Bush.
17. Acrylics – Sparrow Song
More 4AD-indebted glory, this time from Brooklyn.
18. Wyla – Tomorrow I’ll Know
Glacial melodic ballad with great narcotic baritone.
19. Kurt Vile – Ghost Town
Folky dream pop from the much-feted musician. Love the ending.
20. Bonne Nouvelle – An Ending (To An Unwritten Film)
Musicians: naming tracks after unwritten films will get you played on this podcast. This just happens to also be a beautiful, soaring tune.